Tuesday 15 November 2016

PokéMashup Comic Cover Draw with Jazza Challenge of the Month Entry - A.K.A. Tales of Spooky Science

So I never really got into the Pokemon craze but I've wanted to take part in a Jazza Challenge of the Month for a while and this one looked pretty fun.

The challenge was to take 2 of the original Pokemon and combine them into one creature. I decided to go down the big scary monster route and after picking out the two that I thought best suited that route (Charizard and Beedrill) I soon pictured the composition I wanted and envisioned it as an old scifi/horror comic book cover. I think the final piece turned out pretty much how I had planned it.

Here's a few work in progress images to show you a bit of the behind the scenes of how this image was made:

Blue Pencil Sketch
Blue Pencil Sketch
Inked with Pentel Pocket Brush and Pigment markers
Inked - Pentel Pocket Brush and Pigment markers
Flat Colours
Flat Colours
Shading and Effects
Shading and Effects





































Little copyright notice: This is of course considered fan art, and is my own interpretation of other existing characters. The Pokémon characters depicted in this image were originally created and owned by The Pokémon Company and possibly a little bit of Nintendo thrown in there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment